Monday, August 23, 2010

Your shoe broke?

Story of the day...

My hyper child tells me his shoe is messed up. So, I tell him to stop messing with it. Not too long later he yells to me from the opposite side of the classroom, "My shoe broke!" What? Ok. Come here. I tell him to go to the office so that they can call someone to bring him some shoes. I tell him to walk down the hall, not run, no talking in the hall, and to come straight back.

Well, 5 minutes later he barges in the door and yells to me again from the opposite side of the room, "They don't have my Dad's work number..."  Now, everyone else in the class is sitting at their seat reading silently. So I stop him mid-sentence and tell him to come to me and not yell at me.

He tells me how the office doesn't have his Dad's work number. BUT Mrs. Garratt across the hall does! OK? So, I send him to the computer lab down the hall where he's supposed to be. I see Mrs. Garratt in the hall so I go ask her if she has his Dad's number. She gives me a confusing answer, tells me to send him to the office next time, then says she already called him. Hmm....odd. (I did send him to the office, btw). How did she already know to call? I just know told her? Did the office tell her to call? I'm confused.

Then it hits me! Ugh. I call that sweet little hyper boy over to me. Looked him in the eyes..."Did you go and disrupt Mrs. Garratt's class to tell her to call your Dad without even asking me?!?!?!" The guilty look and silence answered my question. I got on to him for not only disturbing her in the middle of class, but for going somewhere he did NOT have my permission to go! AHH!

Later I explained to Mrs. Garratt the whole situation. She told me how he just came in her class and told her to call his Dad because he knew her husband worked with his Dad.

Man oh man. Needless to say, the reason his phone BROKE was because he was playing with it. So when I saw him playing with his unbroken shoes later in the day, I made him take them off and place them on my desk until he was ready to wear them properly. 5 minutes later he asked for them back.

hahaha Oh I love them.

Another note, my chair cushion got finished! It's kind of boxy but oh well.

I still want to add some ribbon and Miss Baker to it. Stay tuned.

This weekend I glued frogs to clothespins to use to hang up their work in the hall. After googling cute frog themed phrases one caught my attention. So I spent a good amount of time die-cutting and ticky tacky-ing letters to the wall. And after all that work, it doesn't match and it really bothers me. :( Ugh.

"Toad" ally Awesome Work!!!
Wew! It's only Monday but I'm worn out. Thankful for that sweet boy of mine. He came over after work to hang out. He always helps me to settle down, stop working, and just relax. :-)

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh my...you have SO much more patience than me! hahaha

    i love the wall... TOAD ally cute!

    ReplyDelete