Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of School

Today was my very first day of school as a real 3rd grade teacher. It could not have been more perfect. I have an amazing class. They are just so sweet, I love them already. I used some strategies I learned through a book called The First Days of School by Harry Wong in order to start off the day right. And it WORKED like a charm! I could not believe it. The kids started coming in at 7:15. The tardy bell rang at 7:45 and this was my class at that time...
 

All seated. All on task. Wow! Awesome! After school I went to the teacher store to buy supplies, dinner with Blake at Chili's, then to Walmart. It was fun to see one of my 3rd graders from last year as an intern at Walmart. Life is just great.

Yesterday my sweet sweet aunt that teaches 2nd grade sent me flowers to say good luck on my first day! Have I mentioned lately how blessed I am?
 
And finally...remember when you were a kid and you couldn't wait to go see who your teacher for the year was going to be? And you waited outside the school doors until they posted it. Then you pushed your way to the front of the line to see who your teacher was and which ones of your friends were in your class? Well, first year teachers get just about that excited too! :-)

1 comment:

  1. you're sooo cute! i cannot tell you enough how proud and happy i am for you! :)

    i will call you tomorrow evening...i figured tonight might be an early night for you!

    ReplyDelete